Thursday, June 5, 2008

This weekend…I can’t wait!

This week end marks a (as far as I'm concerned) momentous occasion.

We are having our first men's prayer breakfast. We will start @ 8:00 a.m. with breakfast then walk to the sanctuary for a short testimony from Pastor David Jeffers then a time a prayer.

    God has laid on my heart some time ago to have something specifically for the men of the church. A time for them to get together and fellowship and pray for the church and things that matter to them. I feel like this is it.


 

Next our young folks are going to Clark Center Park in Oak Ridge for a day on the lake and are sponsoring a picnic for the whole church @ 2:00 p.m. I'm sure they will have a great time.


 

Sunday marks another great happening, our 107th homecoming. Evangelist/Youth Pastor Josh Cornelius will be bringing the message on Sunday morning. We'll have a time of fellowship after the morning service then back to the sanctuary for singing. We will NOT have an evening service this Sunday night (June 8, 2008).

Now next week is exciting too, Camp Canaan starts Monday. Some of our young folks are going, my wife is taking a group down and I will join them with a few more youth on Wednesday Night after church. Camp Canaan is in Ringgold, Georgia.

-Preacher

Followers