Monday, October 27, 2008

This is the day...

The Psalmist said, “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it”. Many times we associate that with Sundays. But I feel that it is a statement that can be made everyday.

 

One that should be made everyday anyway.

 

Currently in Knoxville, its around 51°-53°. The weather begs only for a light sweater or a wind breaker. The sun is exclaiming in all of its brightness, that “This is the day that the Lord hath made…” The clouds are rolling from one side of the sky to the other gently reminding us that we have so much to rejoice about. They seem to carefree, while below we are so worried about today, tomorrow and more days to come. We must realize everyday that the One who has made today, has made us. Not only has He made us but He cares for us (I Peter 5:7).

 

So if its okay with you, I think I’ll rejoice in today. Why? Because…Well because I can, because I should. In the grand scheme of things, how bad do I really have it?

 

--Preacher

Followers