Monday, May 4, 2009

Cry out and Live

A dear lady in our church wrote this and shared it with me. She has given me permission to share it with you. Please read and enjoy.

******************************************************

 

Cry Out and Live!

Vicki London 5-4-09

 

It is not often enough that I am overwhelmed with urgency for Jesus to devour me searching every part of me… my heart, my mind, me steps, my speech, and oh yes the very motives for the things I’ve done, I’m doing, and I’m going to do.  This morning driving into work was clearly one of those precious moments of being overwhelmed with desire and desperation for Jesus to breathe His life in me TODAY!

 

As I listened to a song I’ve heard many, many times, I was hit with realization I am lost without HIM. I am forever eternally saved through faith Jesus Christ, but today without Jesus I am lost and can’t find my way nor walk with Him if I don’t have HIS breathe (Holy Spirit) living in me or His word spoken to me today! He is the air I breathe… He is my daily bread.

 

You know none of us are exempt from times of failing to exemplifying Jesus’ love to our world, for many time we do/will disappoint others, speak hurtful words, judge un-righteously, hold anger in our hearts because “things/decisions” weren’t like we thought they ought to be. Many times it’s those “things”; well should I say “sins”, in our very own hearts that keeps us separated from God and the outpouring of His Holy Spirit.

 

Today I realize afresh and anew how desperate I am for HIM (JESUS) and I how lost I am without HIM, for His breath in me, and for His Holy presence living in me. For you see He is my daily bread through His Holy word Spoken to me and when I open His word up He will speak.

John 6:32 – 37, 51 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Cry out and live!

 

Are you desperate for HIM? Are you lost without Jesus living and moving in your life? Let Him know, and know that all the “stuff” we carry around means nothing without Him. so Today be desperate enough for HIM to let it all go and turn you eyes upward as the old songs says

 

            Turn you eyes upon Jesus,

look full in His wonderful face

and the things of earth will grow strangely dime

 in the light of His Glory and Grace

 

TODAY Lord Jesus I cry out to you for I know I am lost without you … you are the breath I breathe and YOU are my daily bread. I am desperate for you today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life… YOU ARE MY LIFE!

Breathe by: Michael W. Smith

 

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me

And I I'm desperate for you
And I I'm I'm lost without you

I'm lost without you. I'm lost without you. I'm desperate for you.

 

Love & Prayers

Vicki

Followers