Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend is a Holiday Weekend. Most of you have been planning this weekend for a while. I have to admit, I’ve been looking forward to it too. There will be quite a few gone from our church this weekend, some are on vacation, some camping for a few days, some spending time with their family out of town.
My family in fact will be away as well, we’re spending some very much needed time away in the Action Packed town of Pigeon Forge, TN. We hope to get rejuvenated, for work, and church, but honestly this weekend will be about family. We have been so busy with everything else in our lives, that our family time has suffered. Oh yeah, my wife and I still spend time together, still pray together, and read our daughter a book at night, & tuck her in at night, but there’s something missing.
When I preacher or counsel, I tell everyone that there is a balance in the lives of Christians. Priorities if you will are very important in our lives. Here are the priorities in order, according to God’s plan.
1. God
2. Family
3. Church
4. Work
This is a very simple idea, however there are so many that do not get it. I for one, get it, but many times (recent days have been one of them) I forget about it, and my priorities get out of “whack”! I see this in my own life but also in our church, and honestly I could go to any church and find the same thing.
This think that I’m speaking of is a discombobulation of our priorities. I see our folks working all day and most of the night instead of spending time with their families. I see work as an escape from church (if you must escape from church, you may be in the WRONG church). I see Christians, putting everything in the book ahead of God, and their families. Now, there are those that put family ahead of even God, they use family to escape church as well (see above note).
It is my desire to spend time this weekend connecting with my family again, and renewing and reviving my trust, and faith in God. After all, it is because of God that I have a family, a church, and a job. Why not give the Glory where the Glory goes?

This Sunday my good friend, Daniel Flatford, will be taking care of the services. He is a great man of God, and a true blessing to my heart. He has encouraged me in so many ways in the few years that I’ve known him. Please visit our services this week, and enjoy the blessings of God.

P.S. By the middle of next week, I should have more sermons uploaded, including this Sunday’s messages from Bro. Daniel Flatford.

--Preacher

Followers