Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday

Halfway through the workweek, some call it "Hump Day". Well yes we are over the hump, but really its the top of that "hump" that I'm excited about. You see at the crest of the day I get to go to church to sing the best songs in the world, hear and preach the greatest message in the world, fellowship with the greatest people in the world, and Worship the Greatest God and Savior in the world.

So yes it is "Hump Day" and I cannot wait for church tonight. I'm thrilled that I can go to a place and worship the Lord freely and have liberty in worship. The scripture gives reference to a complete freedom, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:36 KJV). In this scripture we can see that we CAN have freedom in worshiping the Lord.

A lot of people think of Wednesday night services to be outdated, and old-fashioned, well it may be old-fashioned, but it is NOT outdated. In fact you actually find your core congregation on Wednesday nights. One of our members told me something a while back and I want to share it with you.

"If you go to church on Sunday Morning, you love the preacher. If you go to church on Sunday Night, you love the Church. But, if you go to church on Wednesday Night, you love the Lord."

I find it very refreshing to stop the pace of my busy life and go to church in the middle of the week.

There used to be a time when I had time to go to revivals all week long, but that time is not available now, with my own family we may get to go to one or two services for revival out of a full week. Of course when our church has revival I'm there all week, but we have to prepare for that time.

So, YES, I love Wednesday night services! I love them. I recently ready and I've heard this for years, but a Mid-Week service is like pulling into a gas station half empty (or half full) and getting a top off. It helps you make it the rest of the week. Not that you are carnel and sinfull all week, but the fact is that, the world will take a toll on the Christian if there is no refueling during the week.

Check back soon for another message from Cedar Bluff.

--Preacher

Followers