Thursday, October 1, 2009

How do we walk in the Spirit?

Galatians 5:16 says,  "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

Have you ever read this and thought, "I would love to walk in the Spirit - but how do I do that? What does it
look like?"

A few verses later, Paul tells us in Galatians 5:22 what it looks like:

 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

Walking in the Spirit produces the fruit of the Spirit. Well, that answers what it looks like - how about "how" to do it? Jesus Himself gives us the answer to this.

He said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." -John 15:5

When we abide in Christ we are walking in the Spirit and producing much fruit. The fruit looks like love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, and temperance.

Let's keep our eyes on our Saviour and walk with Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

God bless ya'll!
Beth

Followers