Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's been a long journey...

I sing a song to myself sometimes that Ricky Atkinson and Compassion sing, some of the words are ..."It's been a long Journey, but I have been blessed..."

 These words are true to my life, my heart, and my soul. I have seen my share of Spiritual battles, slips and falls, I've made decisions based on my own carnal desires. I am thankful that in spite of myself, and for Jesus' sake, God has fought my battles, picked me up from my slips and falls, and Worked my bad decisions for his good.

Today at 2:20 p.m. I will be saved for 20 years! next year on November 14th I will have been preaching for 20 years! These two dates are more important to me than my own birthday. That God would save a young boy like me that was already addicted to sin, simply amazes me. That God would choose a 13 year old boy to preach His Gospel staggers my mind.

It truly HAS been a long journey but as The Happy Goodman's once sang, "I wouldn't take nothing for my journey". It has been a blessed journey, long, wearisome, but well worth it! It has been worth forsaking the sin in my life, and losing some friends and family members. You may wonder how I could say its worth losing...Those things that I forsook have been replaced in abundance by Love, Joy, and peace. I now have gratitude to a Savior who died for my sins. There is a comforter in whom I can trust. The friends and family that I lost have been replaced by a new family, you see I've been adopted into a Royal family...God's Family. I have had opportunities to lead lost souls to the Cross, I've been in the "Delivery" room as they were birthed into the Family of God. I've seen sinner's saved, saints renewed, I've seen churches grow, I've preached to folks just as unworthy as I am, but still God Loves and Cares for them.

you see, the things that I lost, the people that no longer are in my life have been replaced by things and people of God, and even when those things or those people are not enough or maybe they are gone too, I still have God, I still have Christ, I still have the Holy Ghost as my Comfort, my Friend, my Brother, and my Father.

"It's been a long Journey, but I have been blessed..."

Followers